Team members from around the country met October 17-20, 2017 for our first Annual Team Meeting at the Nature Inn in Howard, Pennsylvania
Phase I of the Water for Agriculture project – Team Development and Planning – which ran from July through December 2017 has now been completed. Goals for Phase I included project planning, team and strategy development and bringing together our multi-disciplinary team from across the country for our first Annual Retreat at the Nature Inn in central Pennsylvania. A copy of meeting proceedings are available upon request.
This month begins the first full year of our project: Phase II – Background Research and Implementation. Our efforts this month are focusing on:
- Identifying Key Contacts in each study site location
- Developing the primary interview protocols and instruments for Key Contact Interviews for each project site enabling us to gain insight into the critical water and agriculture issues, past program and engagement efforts and priorities for improving water quality and/or quantity – from the perspective of those living and working on these issues at the local level.
- Developing a communication plan
- Website development (on-going)
- Identifying critical research questions consistent with project goals and state or site needs
- Developing conference proposals and abstracts